Science! It’s a thing! It is also based on facts and reason! Go figure.
These are good things. Without science we wouldn’t have these computers, mobile phones, or movies, or PUTTING SOMEONE ON THE MOON! Yes, to SCIENCE!
Did you know that the American economy grew between 1952 and 2000 because of Science? Yes, that class you did miserably at, other Americans did well at and it saved our economy! Science is GREAT for the economy! You should encourage you’re children to excel at STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) because it creates jobs in America! It allows us to improve and try new things. Yes, science even made our lives less toxic and invented useful things. Who knows what SCIENCE will invent next!
Seriously, we need this. Don’t go placing gag orders on it. We need to be responsible ADULTS about this. The evidence is out there and shows climate change is made by people.
We don’t need to be divided, we can be united. United we can demand that our government work for the people not the one percent! Having a government that respects the people is NOT a crazy idea, nor anti-American. It is the way the government is supposed to act.
Zombies. All night long I dreamt about Zombies. I dreamt about the mindless killing kind. Mindless humans, mindless dog, all killing one another. In the dreams, I was with a group trying to find a cure or something to stop them.
I hate Zombies because they’re real. Real, in that too many people are blissfully unaware of the world and event around them. Say what you will, but both sides of this political divide that is America say the other side is filled with mindless drones and both are correct. Neither side has paid all that much attention to what the other side is saying and both side are lousy at communicating with each other. It’s like watching two parents that clearly have lost interest in one another go through the motions of talking at dinner, but neither one is listening. This is hurting our nation and we continue to elect people to “punish” the other side or something to that affect (depending on which side you are on). I hated BOTH Goldman Sachs candidates this year!
It doesn’t end there. We are mindless with these little damn contraptions in our hands: smartphones, tablets, eye-crack. Sometimes we’re trying to be “productive” reading work emails, at 8PM, but ignoring our family when we are around them. But most of the time I see people mindless cutting through time browsing sites or playing games, or anything else but being involved with those around them. And yes, we have all been guiltily of this, myself included.
We are all mindless about the suffering of many people in this nation. We are all suffering as well. But the way I know that we are mindless of it, is because it is still happening! Most of us either tune it out or use as an example of an argument. But that’s where it ends. One side wants to say the other side is lazy, but that’s not one hundred percent true, the other side says they are all disadvantaged but again that’s not all true. What is true about them? They are all humans and no one should be turned a way because of health problems.
There are Zombies. Everywhere there are Zombies.
I’m not saying that Alan Rickman and David Bowie were wizards, but they sure had some magic that kept the Earth sane! 2016 clearly shows we lost our collective minds after we lost these two wizards who kept the world together!
California Pot Roast using Tri-tip
This winter dish is awesome for those cooler nights. It replaces the traditional Pit Roast cut with a Tri-tip.
- 1 Tri-tip (about two pounds)
- 4 or 5 potatoes, peeled
- 3 or 4 carrots, cleaned/peeled
- 2 or 3 celery sticks cut in three inch sticks
- 1/4 white onion
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup of water
- Set your oven to 375 F.
- Sear the tri-tip on top and bottom over high heat in a hot pan for 2 minutes. Sear the sides for between 30 and 45 seconds. Then move tri-tip to baking pan and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Clean and peel the potatoes and carrots. Clean and cut the celery into sticks. Cut the white onion in to slices. Place all of the vegetables into the baking pan with tri-tip.
- Cut a few thin pieces of butter (approximately one tablespoon in total) and lay on the tri-tip. Drizzle olive oil over the tri-tip and vegetables. Apply salt and pepper. Add approximately one third cup of water and cover baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Cook covered for 70 to 80 minutes depending on your oven, then uncover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Traditional pot roast usually come with brown gravy, I added gravy for mine and it was well received. I added some of the broth / dripping from my roast to make the gravy.
This is an awesome write up about an economic issue that has been ignored by mainstream politicians and media. Bernie is right to be going after the banks and the financial institutions. They are closing economic growth off to Americans and keeping upward mobility suppressed.